Monday, October 26, 2009

Figure 8 Island, NC

George and I each had a total of three days off in the month of October, a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So, in early October we went to Figure 8 Island off the coast of North Carolina to a wedding of a close friend of George's from Wisconsin. It was a beautiful weekend. Here is the house we shared with a bunch of friends. I was so surprised about the weather; it got up into the 80's and I was actually able to play in the waves, my favorite!!



George, Bucky, and Mac.




It was clear skies all weekend until one hour before the outdoor wedding and there was a huge thunderstorm. It cleared just in time and left this rainbow as the backdrop to the wedding.









Us with George's mom.

















Some of the Wisonsin crew. For those that don't know about Wisconsin, George's family has a house on Lake Owen up there. It has been passed down in the family for five generations and all of these families have been friends for almost that long. It was nearly impossible to get a good picture of the bride and groom, they were always out on the dance floor. I will try to find one and post it.




It was back to work on Monday and a few days later I came home to this lovely hole in our office ceiling. There has been so much rain that what we thought was a small water spot, turned into a large crack very quickly. This occured the day the roofer was supposed to come, but of course didn't. That evening was spent patching the roof for another huge storm. This has since lead to the fact that we need an entire new roof and while we are at it we might try to close in our garage and add a much needed laundry room. Oh the expense, the roof will hopefully be done in the next week or so and I am afraid the garage/laundry room will be 6 months down the line. Always fun! I almost forgot the most important news...I found out that I passed physics boards!!!!


2 comments:

  1. looks like a fun trip jules! you guys have taken some great trips lately. sucks about that big ol' hole in the ceiling - hope everything gets fixed quickly! miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe I'm just now reading this. Looks like a really fun trip! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete