I had an absolute blast in D.C. The classes were good, I had no call and was well rested all month, the restaurants and museums were amazing and my little apartment was adorable. The weather was perfect also, early fall. George was there the first week and he worked remote during class hours. Then he came back for a second weekend last minute and Mary came up for the last week and drove home with me. I will start out with pictures of my cute apartment which was below a row house in Dupont Circle. I was really impressed with how clean and safe that area felt and a dog park was just down the street and it was so fun to just sit in there and watch all the dogs play together. My bus stop was just up the street as well, so it worked out great.
One of my favorite places was Dumbarton Oaks and Gardens, it is a home in Georgetown that had extensive gardens and they were just gorgeous. One of my favorite restaurants was 1789 in Georgetown as well, it was yummy.
George and I went to Mount Vernon for a wine tasting one evening, it rained but was still fun. Mary and I went back during the day and it was gorgeous!
Breakfast at Tabard Inn, so cute!
Arlington National Cemetery
We visited George's Uncle Bruce and Aunt Cynthia in Falls Church.
The Basilica
Mary and I visited Georgetown's campus, I wonder if all of there classrooms look like that.
Mary and I also went to Annapolis on the coast and ate yummy seafood and visited the Naval Academy.
Finally I will end with some of the beautiful art we saw. I was amazed at the collections they have there. I was also amazed that we were allowed to take pictures of it, I didn't take that many because it kinda bothered me. My favorite art museums were the National Gallery of Art, West and the Phillips Collection. The first picture is of the art work on my Christmas card last year, Madonna and Child with Saint Jerome and Saint Bernardino of Siena, Benvenuto di Giovanni c. 1480/1485. I still love it!





No comments:
Post a Comment